Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Joy's Of Being A Dog Mom

Joys of being a dog mom DOG MOM Before I was a Dog Mom: I made and ate hot meals unmolested. I had unstained, unfurred clothes. I had quiet conversations on the phone. even if the doorbell rang. Before I was a Dog Mom: I slept as late as I wanted And never worried about how late I got to bed or if I could get into my bed. Before I was a Dog Mom: I cleaned my house every day. I never tripped over toys, stuffies, chewies or invited the neighbor's dog over to play. Before I was a Dog Mom: I didn't worry if my plants, cleansers, plastic bags, toilet paper, soap or deodorant were poisonous or dangerous. Before I was a Dog Mom: I had never been Drooled on, Chewed on, Or pinched by puppy teeth. Before I was a Dog Mom: I had complete control of My thoughts My body and mind. I slept all night without sharing the covers or pillow. Before I was a Dog Mom: I never looked into big, soulful eyes and cried. I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop a hurt. I never knew something so furry and four-legged could affect my heart so deeply. Before I was a Dog Mom: I had never held a sleeping puppy just because I couldn't put it down. I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was well. I didn't know how warm it feels inside to feed a hungry puppy. I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important. Before I was a Dog Mom: I had never known the warmth the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being A Dog Mom.

Sent to me from a very dear friend whom I met through the Bichon Frise Dog List (Club). We've been friends for a good many years now. We had 4 Bichons throughout past years, losing our last one Nov. of 2007. Thank Goodness we do stll have Kaycee, our wonder Maltese! But Bichon are indeed an extra special breed and I almost think you have to have had one to know what I mean.

This could be true for cats, too, I just don't know because we haven't had a cat for 35 or more years.

Big hugs!
Merry





No comments: