Sunday, January 18, 2009

Airplanes, Hawaii, Historical Election

JOKE
New Pilot
Taxing down the tarmac, the jetliner abruptly stopped, turned around and returned to the gate. After an hour-long wait, it finally took off. A concerned passenger asked the flight attendant, "What was the problem?" "The pilot was bothered by a noise he heard in the engine," explained the flight attendant, "and it took us a while to find a new pilot."

Flying, Hawaii, Anxiety & Panic Attacks
We are going to fly to LA, in March before embarking on our cruise to Hawaii ( a retirement gift from Dave's company to him for 47+ years of service. I hate flying. I get claustrophobic. Other than taking a handful of extra Valium, I don't know what to do. If the flight is at all rough, I get really bad. And grip Dave's arm for dear life. Are any of you like this? We could have flown to Hawaii and had over 2 weeks there, but the flight from Minneapolis to Hawaii is 12 (count them) hours. I'd never make it. Besides both Dave & I get stiff if we sit for more than 2 hours. Us'ns are old'ens. LOL So, we didn't think we could handle a 12 hour flight and we opted for the cruise.

Other than resorting to taking extra Valium, I thought of Ambien. But even if I wasn't too chicken to do that, Dave would KILL me if I did that. Because I have Ambien but don't usually take it BECAUSE some strange things around the house I have no memory of the next day occasionally when I took that. My psychiatrist says that happens on higher doses & when you take it all the time. Well, I don't take it all the time, because of what happen. So, yeah, he will RX it, but Dave isn't going to put up with any funny business from me & to be honest it scares me, too.

I ask my shrink if he would RX me another kind of sleeping pill, but he said, "What, are you kidding me? Not in this lifetime. I will only give you Ambien (or the like.)"


Bottom line, maybe I should just drink on the flight, what do you think? (I am kidding.) I never drink more than one glass of wine anymore, so I am not about to get smashed on a 3 hr. flight to LA. Dave would be pretty p.o. at me if I did that. And I really don't enjoy drinking because I am not use to it at all anymore, it gives me a headache and knocks me silly I don't want to be "goofy." . LOL

If you have anxieties or panic attacks when you fly, write me and tell me how you cope with them. People may think I am a dope-head, but those that are really friends, won't judge me. I just asked my shrink about another solution to my insomnia ( I rarely sleep more than 4 hours a night without medication, TOPS-- (And even with (regular) Ambien (And Ambien CR & Lunesta plain do not work for me. Regular Ambien does usually works for about 1/2 the night but isn't a real good solution because after 3-4 hours, I am WIDE awake anyway!! So, I was hoping there might be something else help me STAY asleep all night (like 6 hours or so) and not do strange night walking, or some other bizarre thing. And also NO "hangover" from the pill the next AM.


Merry

PS I hope all of you who supported and voted for Obama, enjoy all the celebration of Obama's inauguration. It certainly is exciting as it's history in the making, him taking the train like Lincoln did from Illinois. That was cool. It's a bittersweet time for me as I was a big McCain supporter & I still wish it was him getting sworn in. On the other hand, who would have ever thought we would get to see a man of another race win this election and by a big margin. So, I want you who voted for Obama to know I hope you watch the coverage and enjoy the hoopla. (I would had my guy won.) President-Elect Obama does seem very earnest in wanting to change things, and Dave and I (though we didn't vote for him) wish him the best. And we pray for him and for our country. Something needs to be done, and Dave says we need to give Obama support and a chance to try to help us. So, upon deep reflection and sincere thinking, I throw my hat in the ring. Let the parties begin.

Merry
PSS Besides, Arizona needs and wants McCain and there is much work to be done in congress. McCain, whether you liked him or not IS KNOWN to cross party isles and work with the Democrats, which is why he and conservative Republicans had problems. (I am NOT a Conservative, at least I don't think so. But Dave is as Conservative as you can get). He's been riding around making sales calls and listening to talk radio shows for 47 years in his car. Funny, because Dave is usually very easy going about everything else.


Happy Inauguration Day Folks!

And best wishes & hugs, from me to you all of my fellow Americans. We live in the best country in the world, I think and need to remember how lucky we are to live in a democracy!
Merry

No comments: