Sunday, October 7, 2007

Soldiers fighting for us!

Hi,

This is very moving.  I didn't just cry, I sobbed.  So scroll down and click on the thingie and listen in!  I think we all need to think about this and remember just what our soldiers are doing so that we can enjoy the freedom that we do.  And if you don't think like me politically,  that's fine, but we have not had any terrorism since 9/11. And we all know who was president then and still is.

Those of you who know me well, know I purposely normally do NOT discuss (or argue) religion or politics with my friends or family.  I feel so strongly about this song and this issue, I am making an exception to that and I am taking a stand and expressing my true feelings on this.  You don't have to agree, but I still hope you will listen to this song!

 
Also, I personally feel that we should thank Rudy Guiliani (my spelling?) whether you want him to be in office again or you don't.  Those people got our country through some horrific times no matter what your political views are.
 
I  usually avoid sending anything like this on, but I am not going to do that.  This IS a good song! I think.
xoxo
Merry


A good friend of mine sent this to me!  I have to send it on.  He said:
The words to the song you're about to hear were penned by a female soldier named Karen Reed, while on duty in Iraq. Every word is true and heartfelt. Truly a masterpiece! To those of you who don't like country music -- listen to it anyway. It won't kill you!

 
or
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....that is sad! Thank you for sharing this.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU)))))))))))))))))))))It made me cry and its very heart warming.I never stop thinking about them.I was so hurt on 9/11 that our stoor did not stand in slince like we always did.It really made me mad.Thanks for sharing this.Have a nice day.